Friday, May 1, 2009

Too Much Tech Tires Retiree

Never wanting to be left too far behind in the dust of technological advances, I have recently join two of the tech crazes: FaceBook and Twitter. Why? More out of curiosity than anything else. I couldn't stand hearing all the jaw-flapping about these fads and not explore their attraction.

Now that I've jumped onto the bandwagons, I'm dismayed to discover that these rather redundant applications require constant nurturing. This, of course, I'm bemoaning as I sit here writing on my never-read-by-ANYONE blog. I feel like I'm back in high school, trying so hard to be accepted, and facing the pains of constant rejection. No one reads my little essays here on my blog. No one follows my tweets (except Barack Obama, and I have a strong feeling that he might not ACTUALLY be reading them, maybe, perhaps, you think?).

Only my FaceBook seems to be an active forum for friends. Slowly but surely I'm seeing a growing number of family, friends, and wierdos viewing and commenting on my "wall." The friends and family I invite in; the weirdos (who must have set their pages to post on every single new account) I quickly reject. Ewwwww.

Oh, well, having spent two hours pouring over these latest techie trends, I now realize that they are just complicating my life and distracting me from more healthy pursuits. It's May Day: I need to get out in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment