Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bragging Rights


An old Danish belief is to stay humble and not try to place yourself above others or show off. I'm thinking, however, that perhaps adopting good health habits is a reason to brag since it also fits into the lifestyle preferences I noticed each time I visited my ancestral homeland. Therefore, today I am bragging. Since making some changes in my daily habits in October, I have lost 66 pounds and dropped 4 sizes in pants, and best of all, I feel better.

No, my Ehlers-Danlos, hypermobility  has not miraculously been cured (and sadly, that genetic defect came from Denmark), but I certainly feel younger and more capable and energetic. So much so that I overdid it four days ago in a new water aerobics class and really bummed up my back. Serves me right for trying to show off how limber and flexible I am in the water. Duh, that's what my syndrome IS. I've been paying for my transgression for four days now, but I'll be back in the water by Tuesday, for sure. Lesson learned: I can brag about my improved health and better habits, but NOT about myself! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. That's fantastic! Congrats!! (And, in regards to your previous post - I like your extended family, too! ;) Last year's reunion was so great and an awesome time for me to get to know the cousins better!)

    ReplyDelete